February 20, 2012, St. Petersburg. Digia RUS has successfully completed the project of “Digia Retail Analytics” solution implementation for “Zhivaya Kaplya”, Russian pharmacy chain. Digia Retail Analytics is the Business Intelligence industry solution designed specifically for retailers and distributors.
“Zhivaya Kaplya” pharmacy chain is represented in Chelyabinsk region, Russia, since 1998. Currently the network includes 10 pharmacies, each of which operates round-the-clock. In addition, the company has the unique manufacturing and homeopathic department, which is only one in the Chelyabinsk region.
The project of the Business Intelligence solution implementation was initiated by the company management to improve the stock balance management, optimization of the nomenclature matrix, more flexible and profitable inventory management, and management for various factors specific to the pharmaceutical industry (control of shelf-life of drugs, etc.). The Digia Retail Analytics solution, which is designed specifically for the analysis and decision support in the wholesale and retail trade industry, has been recognized by “Zhivaya Kaplya” management as the ideal solution for the task.
Earlier the company had rather limited capabilities in the field of business analysis: used accounting system provided a very limited capacity for analysis and reports were created unacceptably long.
Digia Retail Analytics solution is designed to integrate data from all the company's information systems and their analysis with a simple and intuitive tool. The system provides a powerful and yet easy to use tools to analyze the range and turnover, the analysis of customer relations, financial analysis, analysis of procurement and storage, analysis of day to day operations.
According to Paul Dvoryashin, “Zhivaya Kaplya” marketing specialist, the Digia Retail Analytics implementation has allowed to receive the following benefits:
1) Consolidation of disparate databases into the unified base leaded to the automatic determination of the each drug store needs in the goods for each nomenclature position. In addition, the unified database made it possible to upload data on the balances in the third-party reference systems, which helped to organize the work of web store and the rapid goods’ exchange between drub store within the chain;
2) the opportunity to receive a reporting by key financial and economic indicators, and to take rapid management decision based on them;
3) significantly improved the efficiency of inventory management (improving turnover, reducing the amount of stock without affecting revenues and range), freed a large amount of resources previously frozen;
4) opportunities for the analysis of inventory as by product group, so for any individual nomenclature items in the context of economic and quantitative parameters;
5) a significant simplification of the formation of the goods matrix for the newly opened drug stores;
6) developed a scheme to identify the positions and illiquid commodity with expiring in each drug store, followed by the movement of goods in one drug store, where the sale of this item is more active.
Thus, the Digia Retail Analytics implementation helped the “Zhivaya Kaplya” employees to improve efficiency and achieve impressive financial results.
"Running Digia Retail Analytics we have been able to reduce the average amount of inventory by 20% while maintaining the monthly growth rate of the previous year at 30%. In terms of money we released about 5 million rubles [approx. 127 K€] from the inventory during the year, "- says Pavel Dvoryashin.
In addition, there was established the call center based on the Digia Retail Analytics, whose function is to advise customers on the cost and availability of goods in the drug stores and other assistance to existing and potential customers.